Recommendation on ten guiding principles for a strong primary education (09/16/2015)
During the school year 2014-2015, the Vlor has published the results of an exploration on the specific identity of primary education, together with a platform text: 'Primary education as a foundation for developing and learning'.
Based on this publication, the Primary Education Council formulates in its recommendation ten guiding principles for a strong primary education. The Council suggests to use these guiding principles as a touchstone for evaluating future policy related to primary education.
- A primary school is a school tailored to the children
- A primary school is development-oriented
- Diversity as an asset
- An integrated approach is fundamental
- A learning team is sharing responsibilities
- The educational partnership between school, pupil and parent is powerful
- The primary school and the neighbourhood have a lot to offer to each other
- Primary school is offering a broad general education
- Investing in primary education is rewarding
- It is more than a matter of education alone